Update Motorola Backflip to 2.3 Gingerbread
Here's the release of Android 2.3 for Motorola Backflip.
Guide to upgrade (for users with 1.5, 1.6 os, others scroll below):
· Download the recovery j_r0dd-mb300-v2.0, unzip and copy to your phone’s SD card.
· Download the Custom ROM: Gingerbread 2.3.7 for Motorola Backflip. And copy to your phone’s SD card.
· Download the Gapps: Gapps for Gingerbread 2.3.7 – Motorola Backflip. And copy to your phone’s SD card.
· Download the android sdk and extract it in your C drive.
· Backup all your data (songs, images, videos, contacts, etc.) on phone and sd card.
Note: First inst. custom recovery if you don’t have, then flash the ROM.
For custom recovery:
· First of all you should root your Motorola Backflip, if not already have.
· Open command prompt, by typing “cmd” in run.
· Open c drive and navigate to android-sdk_r07-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools.
· Drag n drop the adb.exe in command prompt and in the same line type “start-server”, and hit enter. The ADB server will start. Now plug in your phone make sure it’s in USB Debugging mode.
· Drag n drop adb.exe again in command prompt and type “shell” and hit enter.
· Type “su” enter and approve the request on phone if prompted, then type
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
Now you have custom recovery on your phone.
For flashing ROM
· Reboot phone in recovery mode – power off phone –> press and hold camera button –> switch on phone while keeping camera button pressed. Phone will enter fast boot, immediately press volume down key (though will say up pressed) and wait until recovery loads.
· On your recovery menu go to Wipe and select “Wipe all” this will delete all data and cache off your phone.
· Press back button to go back to main recovery menu and select “Flash zip from SD”. You’ll see the text “update-cm-7.1.0-BACKFLIP-signed.zip″. Press the home key. ROM will begin flashing :)
· After flashing the Gingerbread 2.3.7 you will have to flash the Gapps you downloaded to get Android Market etc.
· After completion, select “Reboot system now”. It may take up to 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time.
Enjoy your new Motorola Backflip with this fast Custom Gingerbread 2.3.7 ROM
For users on Beta 1 froyo 2.2.1 or for users on Beta 2 froyo, mentioned in the previous posts in this site, please upgrade using following steps:
1. Copy ROM and Gapps zip files to SD.
2. Go to recovery mode (hoping you haven’t deleted the j_r0dd-mb300-v2.0 img file)
3. Flash the ROM wipe all
4. Flash the Gapps zip file.
New Features in this ROM:
CPU Over clock capability and configuration tool (CMParts -> Performance -> CPU Settings)
Interactive CPU Governor
Smartass CPU Governor
Update to ADW Launcher 1.3.6
Auto Brightness support
AZERTY keyboard option
Camera effects, antibanding, white balance
Camera issues has been fixed completely.